The Undergraduate Research Online Projects database is exclusively for the use of current Dartmouth undergraduates. Please note the following:
- Project availability: faculty who list projects in the database have indicated that they are willing to talk to students about research, but there is no guarantee that research positions are currently available.
- Presidential Scholars: projects that are designated "for Presidential Scholars only" (marked with a Y in the right column in project list) are open ONLY to current sophomores who have been notified of their eligibility to apply for the Presidential Scholars program.
- Contacting faculty: contact one or two faculty at time based on which projects are of greatest interest to you. Do NOT send mass emails.
- Interviewing: if you will be meeting with faculty about research opportunities, be sure to familiarize yourself in advance with the area of investigation and the faculty member’s interests.
- Level of commitment: think carefully about your coursework and your other activities and consider whether you have sufficient time to devote to research. Most research opportunities will involve multiple hours and multiple days per week.
- Funding: unless specifically stated, there are no stipends associated with these opportunities. You may, however, be able to apply for funding from other sources, such as UGAR.
- Logging out: once you have completed your search, remember to use the Logout link to exit the system. The Logout link is present at the top of every page.
Please direct any questions about this online system to Undergraduate Research.